EU Policy Hub is growing up! Apply now! We are looking for young professionals with a European mindset, Creative, Energetic, with a strong drive towards goal accomplishment and strong analytical capacities on European integration issues
EU Policy Hub (EUPH) is a young and proactive civil society community, based in Tirana. It was established in July 2015 and gathers 30 young professionals (mostly returnees from European universities) coming from different disciplines, mainly within the social science curricula. EUPH has a four-pillar structure, relying on monitoring, research and communication activities, besides networking and partnerships. Of particular relevance is the residency of some EUPH members in Brussels (as well as in Rome and Athens), which provides for active participation to field events and constant networking with the major European think tanks. Up-to-date EUPH has managed to generate evidence-informed debates on the need to further enhance citizens’ understanding of and participation to the integration process, along with producing target oriented policy analysis on different aspects of Albania’s EU membership. Overall, EUPH serves as an independent voice in the quality and implementation of national reform processes in Albania. It aims to interact with relevant local and regional political players while fostering a public debate on the opening of Albania’s accession negotiations with the EU.
EUPH is launching this call for applications to extend its membership to young professionals, up to 35 years old, who have graduated from universities in the EU Member States, particularly in the field of European Studies and/or social sciences, and who are eager to contribute to the enhancement of the European perspective of Albania.
The new EUPH members are expected to share the European values and Albania’s vision to joining the European Union, besides their wish to contribute with field expertise as well as independent, analytical and critical thinking to provide concrete alternatives to the enhancement of the integration process. Since its foundation in 2015, EU Policy HUB has always strived to bring together the best expertise and professionalism of the younger generation, so as to open another chapter in our existence – growing and enlarging Hub’s membership.
Do you identify with the following characteristics?
- Creative and energetic young professional up to 35 years old with a strong drive towards goal accomplishment and analytical skills in the European integration areas;
- Aiming to become a driver of change and supportive of a wider vision to impact the European integration of Albania;
- Owing a strong background or inclination towards European integration issues;
- Open-minded, self-reliant, and excited about being part of a vibrant and dynamic community of impact-makers;
- Trustful in promoting civic engagement culture in Albania, and proactive in providing support to the challenges that our society is facing in its European integration process.
Required and desirable skills:
- MA/MSc graduates in European studies, political and social-economic sciences from universities in EU Member States;
- Excellent knowledge of Albanian and English languages;
- Previous research or other experiences with national and international NGOs, public administration and/or universities;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, excellent organizational skills, and prior experience or strong interest in politics, international cooperation and policy analysis;
- Proven expertise in the following areas: Administration and Public Policy, Judiciary sector, Human Rights, Internal Market, Fight against Corruption and Organized Crime and/or Regional Cooperation;
- Membership to European networks, associations, institutions and/or relevant institutions at the European level (highly preferred).
- Applicants working as civil servants in public administration are not encouraged to apply.
How to apply:
All the interested candidates are kindly asked to submit all the following documents in English:
- a resume (of maximum two pages);
- a letter of intent (of maximum one page) explaining why you wish to be part of and what could be your concrete contribution to the EUPH;
- two analytical samples (i.e. newspaper articles, policy briefs, working papers, etc.) the related publication links are required as well.
The application dossier should be sent via e-mail to: email@example.com
When emailing your application, the subject of your email should read ‘EUPH Member Application Name Surname’.
Only the candidates identified as suitable for will be contacted to discuss over their engagement and time availability.